Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Waters of the Deep

    So, I write. I've been working on books off and on for almost 15 years. Never been published, ha, never finished a book. For a long time I had what I called the 10 Chapter Curse, I would always get to the tenth chapter and then stop and throw the book into the trash. It has taken years but I've finally gotten over that, unfortunately I now have the Can't Think of an Ending Curse. 24 Chapters and no ending. Damn. Still, I plug along.
    What it boils down to is fear of finishing. To finish means to try and get it out there and that brings along responsibility to readers. The idea of that is daunting. The stories must be good, they must be made to be worth reading and that is hard work. I don't fear the work, I fear the failure to create a good story. I read a lot of books and quite frankly a lot of garbage gets published. I just don't want to be another writer who puts out garbage. I want to be a rich author who puts out garbage, because money brings happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment